Chia seeds are taking the world by storm, and for good reason! They really are a superfood, and they can be used in so many ways. You can simply sprinkle on cereal, use in baking, on vegetables or make things such as chia pudding, which I'll show you below.
Here are the main reasons why you should start encorporating Chia into your diet:
- It's gluten free
- Its very high in dietary fibre, making it great for digestion
- It contains 20% Omega 3 ALA, eight times more Omega 3 than salmon!
- It boasts 20% protein
- It is high in antioxidants, four times higher ORAC value than blue berries
- It has five times more calcium than milk
- seven times more vitamin C than oranges
- three times more iron than spinach
- twice the potassium content of banana
- Aids with healthy skin, hair and nails
- It has a positive impact balancing blood glucose levels
So, why wouldn't you eat chia?
A simple and YUM chia recipe is to make PUDDING. I have this all the time with my breakfast.
You simply mix 2 tbsp Chia with 1/3 cup almond milk or coconut milk. Mix, and refrigerate! Leave in the fridge overnight for best results. You can also add any flavour that you like to these puddings when adding and mixing your milk. Such as honey, cinnamon or raw cacao for a chocolate hit!
Here is one of my favourite brekkys, standard chia pudding with Greek yoghurt, muesli & banana!