You're over it.
Nothing seems to be going your way. As hard as you try, you just can't get results, or you feel like you're being whacked with the unlucky stick every damn day. (Seriously though, can someone break that stupid stick in half already!?)
It's not about feeling sorry for yourself, but you just feel frustrated. Because you're not sure where you're going or why and at the moment, everything just feels too hard.
Don't worry, you're not alone.
If it isn't clear from the first few lines of this post - I'm currently going through the same situation. And I want us all to pick ourselves up, dust it all off and get back to kicking goals. We all have our bad days, weeks and months for so many various and personal reasons. Whether it's your fitness, health, work, friendships or financial situations, we all have those moments where we just think, f*ck it. It's totally normal! It's how we pull ourselves out of these situations that really matters. When you're in that hole, you need to climb, dig or jump your way out of it and get on with life. I know that's hard, but it's reality. The only way you're going to feel better is to change your mindset, change your plan if you need to and keep going.
One of my favourite quotes, and one I truly believe in is "the darkest hour is just before the dawn". When things get really hard, use it as motivation to keep going. Because if you stop, give up, throw it all in... you'll eventually have to start all over again. Find a way to overcome your own mindset! Here are a few of my tips to help:
1. Use your support network. Friends, colleagues, parents, siblings, mental health support services. Talk to people about your frustrations and seek help if you need it. Hell.. cry, scream, D&M with your girls or throw a tantrum if you have to! Let the frustration out and start fresh.
2. Start each day with a positive thought. When you wake up, don't immediately think about how crap your day is going to be, or how much work you have to do, or what you're unhappy about. Think about one thing that you're grateful for in your life. It's hard to have a bad day if you stay positive and happy.
3. Don't dwell on the past. We've all made mistakes! And sometimes bad shit happens to good people. Don't let these things linger in your mind. Deal with them, and move on. Holding onto negative thoughts will only frustrate you more. Are they still serving you a purpose? No, so throw them in the bin. Quite literally! Write down what's annoying you, scrunch it up and chuck it in the trash for good.
4. Set a new plan. What's not working? What is working? Get clear on the goal and write yourself a plan of how you're going to get there. And remember, baby steps are okay! You don't have to climb Everest first go. Start small, celebrate any little win.
5. Remember that you're YOU, and that's enough. Stop comparing yourself to other people. You're unique in your own way and you need to love yourself. Do what makes you happy. Make time for the things that matter most to you.
Just keep swimming.