So today I had a HUGE craving for some yummy and sweet crunchy granola. I usually just buy it from the supermarket, (i LOVE the Carman's range), however I have a heap of nuts and seeds going unused in my pantry so I decided to throw together my own.
In complete honesty, I had NO IDEA what I was doing! I just kind of assumed how to make it and BOOM! It was deeee-licious! Moral of the story - dont be afraid to have a go at creating your own things, even if you're a terrible cook/house wife like me!
This has no added refined sugar and is FULL of healthy fats!
Anyway, here's the recipe. I'm REALLY sorry, I don't measure things. So I've totally guessed with these amounts. But, if there's anything you can do this with it's totally granola! So have fun :)
What you'll need:
- Rolled oats (about 1 cup)
- Pepita Seeds (a small handful)
- Sunflower Seeds (a small handful)
- Shredded Coconut (a small handful)
- Chopped Raw Almonds (a small handful)
- Natural honey (no added sugar) (about 1 tablespoon)
- Rice Malt Syrup (about 1 tablespoon)
- Coconut Oil (melted - about 3 tablespoons)
What to do:
Throw it all together & mix
Spread evenly on a baking tray (use baking paper)
Bake in the oven at 180 degrees fan forced for about 10 minutes or until golden and crunchy!
Once taken out of the oven, mix around a little bit or leave in clusters. Allow it to cool before you store it - or it may go soggy!