YYAASSSSSSS!!!! (insert raising hands emoji!)
These were DELISH! I threw some ingredients into the food processor one day to make some healthy raw balls with no real clue what I was doing (usually the way my cooking goes down...) and they came out surprisingly yummy! THEN, I had the genius idea to put a teeny bit of peanut butter in the centre to make each one even more heavenly. And, well... they were amazing.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
Now, keep in mind I dont reallllllly measure things as I make/bake/create, but I've done my best to give you relatively accurate measurements. Just experiment to find the texture and taste you prefer!
HERE WE GO:
- 1 scoop Chocolate Whey Protein Powder (or any choc protein you prefer!)
- A big handful of Dates
- 1 tablespoon of Coconut Oil
- A big tablespoon of Rice Malt Syrup
- Chia Seeds
- Shredded Coconut
- Crunchy Natural Peanut Butter
What to do:
- Heat your dates in the microwave for a minute so that their soft, then mush them down with a fork (especially if you dont have a good quality food processor, this makes blending easier)
- Heat your coconut oil so it melts
- Chuck your protein powder, dates, coconut oil and rice malt syrup in a food processor and combine.
- If the mixture seems a little thick and wont combine, add tiny bits of warm water until you're happy with the consistency... it shouldnt be runny!!! You want to be able to roll it into balls.
- Take a small piece of the mixture, roll together and then flatten into your hand (picture below)
- Add a small amount of peanut butter to the middle and fold edges over (picture below)
- Roll in your hands to create a ball and seal PB inside the mixture
- Roll ball through some shredded coconut mixed with chia seeds on a plate
- Keep refrigerated :)